So I have finally convinced my clients to start blogging and drove them to appreciate its importance in terms of building their brand on the internet (One of the Consultant‘s happiness!). But their follow-up question is always— what to write? Creating a blog is not a one-time activity so pipelining the contents would benefit the overall digital marketing campaign whether you are doing online in the Philippines or in other countries.
Here are some suggestions:
- Industry News – Highlight the findings and mention the trusted source of the study while giving your own point-of-view and interpretation.
- How-To Articles – Assume that not everyone knows your product or service so consider your blog as a gateway of explaining what you can do. Reach out to your target market wherever they are in the world and convert them to become advocates.
- Answer Problems – Try to consider the inquiries you are getting from your fill-up forms—what common questions do you get? When you attend a face-to-face meeting with clients, what are their usual issues? Gather and answer relevant chunks of these through blogging of at least 300 words.
- Your Own Stories – Bring to front your expertise and what you have learned from your profession. Take note of your experience, what you have learned in the process, and enumerate tips; become an authority in your field.
- Share Your Events – Are you invited to do a talk at a conference? Attending an industry-related seminar? Joining an expo? Is your company inviting a guest speaker? Promote it on your blog and write a gist of what happened.
- Check Your Search Query Report and Keyword Planner – If your website has a Google Analytics installed or offers a summary of “Top Searches” report, you can use the information to discover what your site visitors are looking for and translate it to a blog post. Google Adword’s Keyword Planner Tool can also give suggestions on the phrases you can highlight in a blog capable of delivering traffic.
And most of all, enjoy writing!
(Images courtesy of jannoon028 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)