Many of us have a lot of plans to open a business, introduce a new product, offer a unique service but all excitedly begins and sadly ends with just a plan. It is always good to start and be filled with thought-provoking ideas but how to retain the enthusiasm, to focus on the execution, and to transform it to reality have become the most challenging.
Regardless of what stage you are now with your plan, make sure to catch up and join the ride with these steps.
- Initiate a discussion – reach out to friends and colleagues who might be interested or has an experience. Catch those who are willing to work with you and become a part of your growth.
- Brainstorm with team – build your small team and devote team to capture everyone’s idea.
- Accept all possibilities – there is no right or wrong, no passing of judgement but just a free flowing of creative juice.
- Listen actively – share your thoughts but equally listen to what others are saying; discern the essence of each one’s point of view. Ask questions and pay attention to answers.
- Checklist of what’s attainable – list down all the ideas and then have a realistic view of what’s possible and not feasible.
- Set the goals – identify from the checklist what is really SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely).
- Create a timeline – Follow a schedule so we don’t drift in the dark. It may not be fair to expect drastic results in four months or it may be too long to see conversions in one year given the efforts that came with it. Anchor the activities with valid basis or proven data.
- Recruit and assign task owners – Find the right people. Remember that someone has to take responsibility of each group of tasks and has to be accountable for the success or failure of every step. There is no reason for blame game when everyone knows their exact mandate.
- Start implementing – now is the time to execute the plan and make it work.
- Monitor each step – see what activity contributes to the success of the plan and which one is a drawback. The idea here is not to be disheartened by the weakness or even the collapse of a specific task but to realize what needs to improve.
- Tweak what’s needed – Revise what’s not working and apply change with the intention of enhancing the process.
- Monitor and update the cycle – this has to happen over and over to make sure we stay on our proper track.
Eye on the goal and enjoy every step! If you wish to include digital marketing on your plan, get in touch and I would be happy to be an active part of your Team.