We create a website to let the world know about our product or service; it is like a physical store in a mall for shoppers to visit and buy. The goal is to build awareness and drive traffic by creating online marketing campaigns to bring people to the site—introduce our brand, display our portfolios, and eventually convert them to purchase.
It is an important activity to put your website’s links to the right pages so people will see and click it. Planting quality links to various sites is an essential part of an SEO strategy (as a part of your overall digital marketing campaign) and you don’t have to be an expert to do it. Yes, you can push this initiative without being too technical. This kind of link building effort is called referral or backlink which is an incoming hyperlink from one web page to another website.
The strategy signals Google that your website is of quality and is endorsed by other sites. The catch is, make sure you only get good links and not from spam pages. So where do you get it organically (for free)? How can you earn it? Sometimes it is not just only about the numbers but of the relevance, so where to find relevant links?
- Social media (via profiles and mentions)
- Websites of the organizations where you belong
- Industry blogs
- From your clients/customers
- If your suppliers request a service feedback and if you are happy, you can write a testimonial in exchange for a backlink
- Forums with active members like Pinoy Exchange and Quora
- Educational Institutions (.edu is highly preferred by Google)
- Niche online community (including clubs and newspapers)
- Event participation as Speaker or Sponsor (for some, backlink is already part of the mileage)
- Real, honest, and factual comments you wrote via other’s blog or article
- Prominent Local Directory Listing
You need to put your URL where people will find it and where google bots will identify the link as important! I’ll be happy to discuss these twelve items further, message me so we can talk more!