January is almost ending but it is never too late to start the still-New-Year with a more optimistic vibe to your business. It may be in the field service management, online marketing, offshoring, virtual assistance and perhaps across all industries. The optimism must happen at this very moment.
- Review what works (and otherwise). Now is a good time to make an honest audit of your company’s performance. What is an effective strategy and what is ideal to continue? What needs to change or to remove completely?
- Forgive yourself for the 2018 booboos. At several points the past year, we have done something wrong but it should not stop us to enthusiastically move forward.
- Begin to make your dream a reality. Expansion? New product to launch? More aggressive marketing effort? Hire additional employee? Introduce services to other countries? Yes, now is the time!
- Try something new. Be open to explore a different approach, say to your digital marketing campaign, and learn along the way.
- Update your database. Plan to reach out to your former colleagues and clients then re-engage them with a possible collaboration for 2019.
- Appreciate your Team. Take care of them and see your staff as partners, not just strangers you pay every month. You will be surprised by how much they care for your company’s growth.
- Clean up the mess. It may be as broad as taking out unwanted menu to your service, dropping a very rude client to your pool, or as simple as cleaning unused folders to your computer desktop. It is always inspiring to start neat.
- Reignite fun to your every day. Managing a business can be stressful and routinary; enjoyment to what we do may often be neglected but we must find reasons to enjoy despite the buts and ifs at work.
- Make room to rest. Sometimes we get our creative juice and momentum when we give ourselves enough time to stop and relax.
- Add “listening” to your skill this year. It is not always about you. Understand more by knowing how to “really listen” to your consumers, team, colleagues, and friends.
Create your own spark and keep it the year round! Happy New Year!