People are more and more acquainted using digital tools and many company owners in the Philippines are starting to pursue social media and search marketing for their business growth.
The past months, I have been receiving random messages from friends and colleagues asking for best practices. When giving recommendations, I would always reiterate to never feel intimidated by the jargons. Everyone can start from the basics and knowledge will gradually progress as you do it every day. Sharing some advice I give to clients and colleagues as they manage their own campaigns.
- Content is still one of your most important assets in digital marketing. It should be made original and must be distinct to your brand. Resist copying. Do not post low quality, blurred photos. Take an effort to provide substance that your audience can properly consume. Write evergreen contents (juicy and always relevant to your industry).
- Blogs can be recreated to image and video posts. If filled with data, it can be turned into infographics. If you have LinkedIn profile, you can share it on Pulse. There are many ways to spin contents!
- Try to avoid drastic and persistent grammar and typo errors across your online communications. Make sure to appear professional at all time and your messaging are well-thought.
- Take time to answer relevant messages as soon as possible. Be polite and honest. Push on building authentic relationship. People inquiring are already interested to your product, nourish this and aim for conversion.
- Don’t allow trolls to affect you too much. Whatever platform you are using, they seem to actively exist but this should not stop your initiative. There are more good netizens versus the bad batch.
- Allot some time to analyze the data. Explore Facebook Insights and your website’s Google Analytics. You don’t need to be an expert to appreciate its value. FB and Google are doing their best to provide a user-friendly reporting dashboard.
Stay consistent and patient as you implement the strategy. It may take a while to see results but it is surely set to happen. Enjoy the process and remain voracious to learn.