Listing your business to relevant local directory sites helps build online awareness, drive traffic to your website, and contribute to SEO’s backlink (referral links from other sites back to yours) strategy.
But not all directory sites are created equal so try to select those that make sense to your business, valued by Google, and are showing valid companies on their list.
As you start your campaign, try to identify if you are willing to pay (advantage: gives you more exposure, added features, and better ranking) or will you settle for free? I would always recommend to start with the free and identify which delivers traffic and conversions within three months; then allot a budget to it, if any.
About half of my list from years ago no longer exist but they are replaced by a new batch; here is a mix of active listing sites to consider.
- Google My Business – this is the most important online submission to do; your activities here are reflected on Google’s Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).
- Yellow Pages – (yes, there is an online version of those thick and heavy hardcopy books.)
- Web Directory
- Manila Craiglist
- Pinoy Listing
- Business List
- Find Places
- Wow City
- Enroll Business
- Service Basket
- Express Business Directory
- Place Reference
- Get Connected
The registration process eats time so it will aid to prepare the following information to speed-up the work; it may not be all but most items included below will be requested by each listing site.
- Email address
- Complete business name
- Complete office address (including ZIP code and barangay)
- Name of owner (one person is okay)
- Name of contact person
- Landline number
- Mobile number
- Office hours
- Website URL
- Social media URL
- Long and short business description
- Business Tagline
- Type of Industry
- Year established
- Number of employees
- 5 to 7 Images (company logo, product shots, real people photos)
- Government-issued documents (any of the following SEC, DTI, BIR, Mayor’s Permit)
- Valid ID of owner
- Latitude/longtitude for the Map (you can get this from the listing sites themselves but good to save the details to easily pin your exact office location)
To share your input or for questions, send an email today!
- Image courtesy of jscreationzs at digitalphotos.net -