Going digital has become a must for companies who aim to gain more brand awareness and reach their target market up closer—investing time and money for website creation, social media engagement, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns along with an agency or consultant; these are, in fact, very good internet marketing initiative BUT it is important to not just jump into the online marketing bandwagon without a plan. All the effort should not be seen as a one-time strategy; it is a continuous implementation.
Avoid the abyss. Plan with your Team and align the next steps before plunging into the depth of digital work.
You may start the discussion with these questions:
- What is the objective of our website?
- Are the images still relevant?
- Who is assigned to write the blogs?
- Are we posting blogs consistently?
- Is onpage SEO properly encoded?
- Who is on top of the website management?
- Are we meeting the goals (number of inquiries from the contact page, number of monthly site visitors, minimum bounce rate?)
- Who is monitoring the search console and analytics?
- Who is doing the monthly report?
- What do we need to tweak based on these reports?
- Is the site updated (did we remove images of employees no longer with us? Did we the update stats and figures?)?
- Who will manage the individual social media account?
- How many posts to do in a day and around what time (based on the Insights)?
- Who will design the images?
- Who will prepare the weekly content plan?
- Who gives the final approval?
- Who will post the contents?
- What hashtags are we using to particular posts?
- Who will engage with the followers (answer private messages, reply to comments)?
- Are we using social media management tools like Hootsuite?
- Who will interpret the Insights?
- How much is our monthly budget?
- What is the goal of the campaign?
- Who is the target market?
- What ad platform are we using (Google ad network, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, via influencers)?
- What type of advertisement (search ad, banner, boost post, page boost)?
- Who is the creative team (graphic artist, video editor, and copy writer)?
- What is the duration of the campaign?
- Who will take charge and run the boost?
- Who will analyze?
Be open to the team and let the meeting be a buffet of information for everyone to consume and chew. Aim to be more specific on the goals vis-à-vis the budget, timeline, and resources. Draft the plan, regroup, revise if needed, finalize, implement, monitor and evaluate.