Creating contents during pandemic may come as a challenge. We have to figure out a way to structure our posts given a proper flow of messaging. It is important to keep up with relevant posts—it has to make sense and must connect naturally to our identified audience. Yet let us not forget that this campaign must still be anchored to the social media map prepared prior to COVID-19. What’s on your plan?
- Put in more faces, more human posts. Images of people while still doing work with the mindset: Your reliable partner even in the midst of pandemic. Highlight how the staff are thriving during COVID-19.
- If there is a meeting, take a screencap of your Zoom or a photo of you at your home-office with Team on the screen. Tag everyone to stretch the reach.
- Follow and write about trending hashtags related to your industry.
- We all miss traveling, right? Start with business travel photos then random even personal out-of-the-country photos to highlight our strong desire (like the wish of many other people) to be on the plane again.
- Do you miss having a team lunch? Or that Friday night after-office dinner? Take a nice photo of everyone’s meal at this time and share it. Give a clue that you miss each other but you remain optimistic to keep a good vibe given the WFH set-up.
- When about to start a meeting with client or after winning a pitch, take a photo with background of the home office.
- Do you have a scheduled townhall meeting or virtual parties? Take a photo or video of it. Highlight company activities and events.
- Follow influencers and occasionally initiate an engagement.
- What does your workspace look like? Make the team send in a photo of their respective home office and collage it.
- Create industry trivia, tips, facts, studies, infographics, research—may come from internal and other relevant sources.
- Curate contents (browse the net for related news about the brand; setup Google Alerts to quickly find current article/news).
Make sure to also share the following:
- … pages on the website especially when there is a new blog.
- … online events you are attending or speaking. Live video a talk or a speech about your company.
- … success stories and customer testimonials. Your followers need to know that you are still in control of your business and able to deliver the work well. Validation from clients is always vital.
This is not a quick work as we need to mobilize each team member to be agile and to make active contribution to the strategy. As a leader, make sure that everyone in the company has a clear understanding of your goals and why we are doing such tasks so their full cooperation can come smoothly. If clueless on how to begin the work and who’s going to do what, let’s talk.