It was a great experience to attend the SMX Social Media Marketing last November 2014 at Aria, Las Vegas, United States of America. This is a must-attend Conference for consultants and practitioners of search marketing backed by Search Engine Land.
The world of digital is moving so fast and in one snap there are so many new technologies being introduced, algorithms being enhanced, and it is so easy to get lost in the digital jungle. Learning and improving is an ideal tool to remain in-the-know of what’s going on.
Sharing with you some of the highlights of the talk:
- As reiterated at the gathering, what remains relevant is maintaining good content and building a strong social relationship with the target market.
- Learn to listen. What do they want? What are they saying? Reach out to your own market and consistently establish a conversation. The only way to improve your brand is to get a feedback from real people availing your service.
- Social media automation is useful although it should not rule the entire campaign. Be human and adapt your posts to what is really happening in the society. If there is a current calamity that happened, are you still going to have a merry posts?
- Take control of your online identity and own the conversation in your space. You have the right to approve first the comment written on your blog and patrol the messages posted at your FB wall.
- Establish your expertise and find the influencers in your industry. Collaborate with them and grow your connection.
- Don’t be everywhere if you can’t be there consistently. Find where most of your market is and stay there. You don’t want to be at FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Tumbler, Instagram, etc. all at the same time and disappear just because you have no time and resources to update it daily.
- Forgive yourself, mistakes are bound to happen but be sure to learn from it.
- Have fun.
Looking forward to attend more trainings!